Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Countdown to....7pm?

As the year draws to a close, a lot of people are sharing New Years Resolutions. One of mine is to write in this blog two times a month. (I know, it's about time right?!) Don't worry, I do enjoy blogging, I just haven't made time for it in the midst of everything else. It's going to be higher on my list of priorities in this new year. The other is to read the Bible in a year through this book:
http://www.amazon.com/My-Daily-Catholic-Bible-20-Minute/dp/1592761445

I had started to read this last July with the intent of completing the Bible this July but then I kept thinking it would be cool to have it be a 2014 thing.

 Having studied scripture under the direction of Sister Mary Ann Spanjers, as well as the books of Daniel and Revelation under Fr. Jean-Pierre Ruiz, I am looking forward to it. I wouldn't call the readings "20-Minutes" unless you can read and reflect fast, but it does break the Bible into more manageable sections.

Tonight we are each preparing hors d'oeuvres, or pupus in Hawaiian. My goodness, pupus is much easier to spell! Thanks to the time-zone differences, we can watch the ball drop in Time Square at 7pm and still go to bed early. No worries, I will still at least hear the arrival of the New Year. It's a tradition around here to let off fireworks at midnight. I'm a heavy sleeper but even I woke up at the sound of it last year! This year I might stumble outside for a second. We shall see. I'm not as motivated when I'm half-asleep as anyone who has tried waking me up can attest. 

May you have a wonderful New Years and a blessed solemnity of Mary, Mother of God. Oh, that reminds me...last year I thought it would be fun to teach my 3rd/4th graders what "Theotokos" meant. I wonder if any of them still remember. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Splendid good news to hear your promise for more postings in 2014! May the year hold many new adventures and many blessings of peace, joy and goodness for you, all the Sisters and all those who call Kekaha home! We look forward to meeting all of them through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sister Julie Ann. I have lots of ideas!

      Delete