Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Timeless Moment

A week ago, Sister Pamela Catherine and I renewed our vows. It was incredible, in that even though it was a brief moment, it was also timeless. While the spiritual life isn't based on feelings, I could not help but ignore that my soul was burning throughout the renewal of our vows and for that gift I am grateful to God.
Then they said  to each other, "Were not our hearts burning [within us] while he spoke to us on the way and opened the scriptures to us?" -Luke 24:32, NAB
 It was a special time, and I love that it is a part of the Mass. After Mass, we went down to the cafeteria for a special breakfast with the General Administration, served by Sister Regina Rose (newly professed) and Sister Karen. What was extra special is that my mom was here to visit for a few days and was able to be there for it.

Rewind a couple of days. My brother, Paul, had invited me to be a guest on Antioch Live! He and his friend and colleague, Rick, interviewed me on the topic of vocations. My mom, Susan, and sister-in-law, Courtney, also make an appearance in it. I hope you enjoy it:

The next day, Mom and I went to Holy Hill. (The full name is Holy Hill National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians.) We made it on time for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, we did the outdoor stations of the Cross, and we spent time praying in the chapels. It was a nice experience. I went there as a postulant, but it was fun to share it with her. We were also able to visit with a friend of hers, who doesn't live that far from the Shrine.

Now I am preparing myself for my second year of teaching. Soon I will be heading back to Kekaha, HI to teach energetic third graders. I am looking forward to their enthusiasm and also seeing everyone there again. It's always nice to have something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment