Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A New Semester at the College

Wow, I realized it has been two weeks since I have last posted. It has been somewhat of a whirlwind here since classes started at Silver Lake College of the Holy Family just over a week ago (after Labor Day).

I am taking:
  • Social Studies Curriculum and Methods
  • Science Curriculum and Methods
  • Christology
  • Intermediate Spanish I
All four of my classes are very interesting, and they are keeping me busy right now. I am also learning guitar. (I loved piano but I have always wanted to play guitar so I jumped at the opportunity!)

Last Saturday, I traveled with other Sisters to Mount Calvary......um, Mount Calvary, Wisconsin. You can read more about it here.  This Saturday, a bunch of us are going to do a "Beach Sweep" at Lake Michigan (we are going to get rid of harmful debris).

Well, I hope that you all are doing well. I am about to do my daily personal prayer time, so I will pray for all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again, Sr. Monica, for sharing your life as a second year novice combining professional and religious integration. This is a very valuable skill you will use the rest of your religious life. You are held in daily prayer as are the others on the "journey" with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the daily prayer for us, Sister Anne Marie. Yes, I think the novitiate helps us develop a deep prayer life while making it a priority on top of the other daily responsibilities! It's a good habit!

    ReplyDelete