Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some of What We Learn in Instructions During the Novitiate

My arm is tired. That's because I just finished my final exam for New Testament. So it's a good feeling because it means that I am now on summmer vacation. The weather hasn't quite caught up with the college calendar. We are having April showers. On Friday though, it is supposed to be about seventy degrees and sunny....perfect for more rollerblading!

I am in that strange state that I think a lot students feel shortly after the semester. The feeling that you have homework as usual, but at the same time knowing you don't have homework.

In instructions (for the novitiate) we have finished studying the Rule and Constitutions and we are now studying the history of the Third Order (Franciscans). It's very interesting. Brother Bill Short visited our community about 15 years ago to teach us about it, and fortunately someone videotaped his lectures. He is so funny- he really brings history to life. It is also enjoyable to see and hear our sisters in the video.

Next year, the instructions will be centered around the vows: poverty, chastity, and obedience. I am looking forward to learning more about what I'll be agreeing to. :)

Time to go light the charcoal for Exposition of the Eucharist!

No comments:

Post a Comment