Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Football Entry (why not?) :)

The following comic was taken from Holy Humor: Inspirational Wit and Cartoons by Cal and Rose Samra


The Packers have been in the playoffs for a couple weeks. I am a Packer fan as long as they aren't playing the Lions. The past few games have been pretty exciting, and next Sunday we go on to the NFC Championship Game against the Chicago Bears. I didn't know this before I came here, but the Chicago Bears are major rivals of the Packers, so it will be a pretty intense game. Whoever wins that one will go to the Super Bowl.

Joining the convent changes you. Holly (a postulant) and I both watch football now, and we like it! Who would have thought?

3 comments:

  1. I, too, am a Packer fan even though I grew up being a Lions fan in MI. I've always liked the Packers. Imagine a house of Sisters who have various loyalties, Packers, Bears, Steelers. There will be some interesting playoffs on Sunday! I am really hoping the Packers beat the Bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of cartoon. It is so "real".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Mary Frances, it is so true about all the different loyalties. It's nice to have a mix. :)

    Sister Anne Marie, if you liked that cartoon, you should check out the book its from. It's in the library at the Motherhouse. There's a lot of cute things in there.

    ReplyDelete